Doylestown PA: Decorative Painting Techniques
When it comes to decorating painting techniques, there are a lot of options available to make a refreshing and appealing advance for your home or office. It is possible to create depth, texture, and aesthetically appealing walls and surfaces using decorative painting techniques, including sponging, trompe l’oeil, stenciling, color-washing, graining, ragging, distressing, creating off effects, log-rolling, stippling, crackling effects, and polka dots. In this article, allow us to share with you understand the art of decorative painting for a more beautiful and comfortable home or office.
1. Sponging creates a textured effect using latex or glaze is applied over a flat coat of paint. Sponge, rag, or bag can be used, which is dipped and well coated to create a random pattern on the wall. It is best to practice on a scratch paper first to avoid mess and mistakes.
2. Color-washing is a wonderful decorative painting technique adding depth, texture, and character into a room. You can create the color-wash effect by the application of translucent glaze over an opaque base paint. Color-washing effects are ideal for the Mediterranean, Tuscan, or Rustic themed rooms.
3. Stenciling is a decorative painting technique using cardboard or acetate cut as DIY or bought ready-to-use. You can use any paint for stenciling, but experts highly recommend water-based options because they dry quickly and user-friendly. Create sophisticated and elegant decorative designs such as Moroccan trellis.
4. Distressing can provide an illusion of age for a rustic or country style home or office, such as masking areas with glue or petroleum jelly to avoid paint from adhering. After painting and sanding the surface, the masked areas lose their paint, which provides a patchy and aged finish.
5. Rag-rolling involves using a crumpled rag, formed it into a sausage shape, and rolled down the wall, creating a subtle effect to resemble a tumbling material. Rag rolling is a decorative painting found in traditional rooms, country style, and even nursery rooms.
6. Dragging (strie) or linen weave decorative painting techniques add beauty and texture to contemporary, modern, or eclectic bedrooms. Just mix a glaze and satin base color and drag the wallpaper brush over the wet glaze horizontally and vertically.
By availing of professional decorative painting services, you are confident and assured that the final look is exceptional and stunning. If you are in need of decorative painting or commercial painting services, allow us to help you out. You can always check us out on our homepage or website today!